Iggy Pop - Raw Power Legacy Edition Released on April 13th ~ BrooklynRocks: NYC Music Blog

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Iggy Pop - Raw Power Legacy Edition Released on April 13th

DOWNLOAD: Iggy & the Stooges - "Raw Power" Podcast

Iggy Pop - Raw Power Legacy Edition Released on April 13thAs much as I've tried to break away from being a record collector, I still have way too many legit, semi-legit and bootleg Iggy Pop CDs, LPs, etc. As I started trading tapes twenty years ago and recently bought both Iggy Pop live box sets from Easy Action, I'm pleasantly surprised that this new reissue of Raw Power contains a number of tracks that I don't already have.

There is both a 2-disc (the first two discs listed below) and 4-disc version of the Raw Power Legacy Edition. Here is the track listing:

Disc 1 - Raw Power (original David Bowie mix)
01. Search and Destroy
02. Gimme Danger
03. Your Pretty Face Is Going to Hell
04. Penetration
05. Raw Power
06. I Need Somebody
07. Shake Appeal
08. Death Trip

Disc 2 - "Georgia Peaches"
01. Introduction *
02. Raw Power *
03. Head On *
04. Gimme Danger *
05. Search and Destroy *
06. I Need Somebody *
07. Heavy Liquid *
08. Cock in My Pocket *
09. Open Up and Bleed *
10. Doojiman [outtake]
11. Head On [CBS Studio rehearsal performance]
* Live in Atlanta, 1973

Disc 3 - Rarities, Outtakes, & Alternates from the Raw Power Era
01. I'm Hungry [outtake]
02. I Got a Right [outtake]
03. I'm Sick of You [outtake]
04. Hey, Peter [outtake]
05. Shake Appeal [alternate mix]
06. Death Trip [alternate mix]
07. Gimme Danger [alternate mix from the 1996 Iggy "violent" remixes]
08. Your Pretty Face Is Going to Hell [alternate mix from the 1996 Iggy "violent" remixes]

Disc 4 (DVD)
The Making of Raw Power - documentary by Morgan Neville featuring new interviews with Iggy Pop, James Williamson, Scott Asheton, Mike Watt, Johnny Marr, and Henry Rollins + live performance footage of James Williamson’s first reunion gig with Iggy and the Stooges shot at Festival Planeta Terra, São Paulo, Brazil, November 2009

Links:
Iggy Pop