Snoop Dogg Releases Second Single, "Life of Da Party", From New CD "Ego Trippin" ~ BrooklynRocks: NYC Music Blog

Friday, February 29, 2008

Snoop Dogg Releases Second Single, "Life of Da Party", From New CD "Ego Trippin"

Snoop Dogg Releases 'Life of Da Party' from Ego TrippinI don't listen to much rap outside of Dre, Nuclear Family (and Iller Than Theirs and Junk Science) and Snoop Dogg. Snoop has a new CD "Ego Trippin'" coming out on March 11th on Doggystyle/Geffen. Snoop just released his second single, Life of Da Party, from this upcoming release.

Life of da Party has a solid groove and features guest vocals from Too Short. It is great to see an established artist like Snoop take some chances with this release. Snoop is quoted as saying "I can afford to take chances and have some fun. I always made music to win in my neighborhood but after all these years I needed to do something bigger – I had to get out of my usual gangster zone without losing who I am, this time around I am going to win worldwide."

This looks like it will be an intriguing disc as Snoop worked with producers Teddy Riley and Everlast/Whitey Ford (who also wrote the track "Johnny Cash"), Charlie Wilson (from the Gap Band) and he also covers The Time's song "Cool".

Links:
Snoop Dogg's Website
Snoop Dogg's MySpace Page