The Kin Headline the Sixth Annual September Concert on September 11th ~ BrooklynRocks: NYC Music Blog

Saturday, September 08, 2007

The Kin Headline the Sixth Annual September Concert on September 11th

I can't think of a band more perfectly suited than The Kin to headline the September Concert.

The Kin Live @ The DelanceyThe September Concert is a worldwide event first organized in 2002.






In its sixth year, the event will take place on the anniversary of the 9/11 tragedy with free concerts happening simultaneously all over the world, spanning 55 US cities and over 50 cities around the world.

Haruko Smith, concert organizer and founder of the September Concert Foundation had the following to say about The Kin -- "The first time I saw them on a morning show on FOX, I was about to run out of my apartment. Instead I sat down, mesmerized and deeply touched by their music.I am so excited to be able to welcome The Kin to headline The September Concert at Union Square on September 11th, because I cannot wait to share their music with more people on this day. I think the beauty, the depth, and the dignity of their music will be so appreciated by anyone fortunate enough to be there."

I watched the band's performance on FOX as well and also found it very moving (link). I wish I could be at this show but working in central Jersey eliminates any possibility.

The show is in Union Square (14th Street & Broadway) and is free. The Kin will be playing from 12:45 - 1:30PM and there is a citywide sing-along of "I Believe in Music" at 2pm.

Links:
The Kin's Main Website
The Kin's MySpace page