Haste The Day @ The Fillmore at Irving Plaza, NY, April 20th ~ BrooklynRocks: NYC Music Blog

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Haste The Day @ The Fillmore at Irving Plaza, NY, April 20th

I hadn't seen Haste The Day prior to Friday's show at Irving Plaza. These guys are a great live act and their show is intense. The band plays with a passion and conviction that is impossible to fake. In a recent review of the band's new CD, I compared them to a less-intense All That Remains. After seeing their live show, I am not sure this comparison holds as the band plays hard and can hold their own with any metal band. The band doesn't sacrifice any of the melodies and harmonies in their live show but I think the production on the CD hides some of their sonic intensity.

This is really a band to catch live. (They are back in town at the Bamboozle Festival on May 6th with My Chemical Romance.)

Haste The Day @ Irving Plaza, NY
Haste The Day @ Irving Plaza, NY
Haste The Day @ Irving Plaza, NY
Haste The Day @ Irving Plaza, NY
Haste The Day @ Irving Plaza, NY
For whatever reason, the pictures I took of front-man Stephen Keech and bassist Mike Murphy really didn't turn out that great. As such, I wanted to include the picture below which I took at an interview session with the band earlier in the day on Friday.

Haste The Day @ Irving Plaza, NY