The Residents - <em>Legal Music Downloads</em> ~ BrooklynRocks: NYC Music Blog

Saturday, March 03, 2007

The Residents - Legal Music Downloads

The ResidentsI was excited when I found The Residents podcasts (bogcasts) as they are one of my favorite bands and I downloaded the first two to my iPod. After listening, unfortunately, these podcasts are pretty boring. The first two podcasts are basically one person answering some pretty boring questions (when will The Residents play my town, will there be a live release from "fill in the blank" tour, have any of The Residents left the band, etc.) and 1-2 minutes of unreleased live material. For fans, the live material is too brief to warrant downloading these podcasts. I am not certain these podcasts are a good starting point for those unfamilar with the band as the questions start from a "fan boy" perspective.

Recommendation: For fans and neophytes, The Residents main site is a better place to get up to speed with the happenings of the band.